Boarding your beloved canine with Bay Animal Hospital:
At this time, due to a high demand for our services, boarding is limited to current & active clients & patients of our hospital.
Our clients are always our first priority & this allows us more availability to meet your boarding needs.
What's provided at our home-away-from-home:
--Bedding & blankets (Options for upgrades)
--Food & water bowls
--Veterinarian-approved play-time toys; safe for your pup!
--Veterinary-grade canned & dry food (We carry digestive-sensitive diets to do our best to prevent gastrointestinal upset in your dog!)
--Veterinary-grade treats (Options for upgrades)
**Due to limited storage & Covid-19 safety, we ask that you do not bring any personal items that your dog does not need during their stay with us. As always, we want them to be as comfortable as possible, so if you have questions or concerns regarding this, please don't hesitate to call our office to speak with a boarding staff member. 989-893-4549
Our cage options:
--Small: 3ft x 2ft x 3ft; 15lb maximum; $27
--Medium: 3ft x 3ft 3ft; 39lb maximum; $29
--Large: 6ft x 3ft x6ft (with open top); 120lb maximum; $31
Cage & pricing notes:
- You are able to reserve a bigger size cage than your dog's weight would place them; feel free to reserve a large cage so your teacup chihuahua can have a little more room during his week-long stay!
- Cage prices are per 24 hour period;
(If your dog is in a small cage & arrives at 10am Monday, departs 10am Tuesday, the cost would be $27. If they depart 6pm that same day, the cost would be $13.50.)
- If you are needing care for more than one dog, boarding them in the same cage may be in an option. The cage size, pet size, & number of pets in one cage must be approved by our boarding staff. If approved, our staff reserves the right to separate pets during their stay if we feel their safety is at risk.
(There is a price break on boarding, however if separated during their stay, prices will reflect changes.)
Safety protocols & requirements to stay with us:
In order to ensure safety to the dogs in our care, our doctors have set protocols to help prevent the introduction or contraction of infections, parasites, or viruses in the environment. (If medical circumstances restrict your dog from any of our requirements, please let a boarding staff member know while scheduling).
Prior to your reservation for your dog to stay with us, they must be current on the following:
--Must have had a stool sample testing with a negative result within the last 3 months
--Must be current on flea/tick & heartworm/internal parasite prevention
Accepted products for flea/tick protection include but not limited to: Nexgard, Credelio, Frontline
Accepted products for heartworm/internal parasite prevention include but not limited to: Heartgard, Interceptor, Sentinel Spectrum
Accepted combination products include but not limited to: Revolution
If your dog is in need of their prevention, these can be ordered from our online store, & shipped directly to your home. Most of the listed products can also be purchased from our office with a simple call-ahead. If you have further questions about preventative products or requirements, please don't hesitate to call our office at 989-893-4549. We would love to share our knowledge!
The BAH difference: Treat your pet to a stay with us!
--Monitoring by well-trained & experienced pet-care providers, who have a true passion for pets!
--Climate controlled boarding area to make sure your pet is comfortable.
--If you would like to receive a text message with a picture of your baby daily, please check the box next to that option on your reservation form.
--A doctor and technician is on staff daily, making sure your dog is in good, visible health & comfortable while with us.
--Options to have additional services rendered while boarding with us can be taken care of as long as you schedule this at the time of your boarding reservation. These may include a toe nail trim, or anal glands expression, or surgical procedures such as a dental cleaning, or spay/neuter, etc.
--Playtime in fully a fenced-in yard (or inside if weather is poor) is frequent; your dog will not spend more than 2 hours in their cage at a time between the hours of 7:00 am & 8:30 pm.
Thank you for placing your trust in Bay Animal Hospital.
- Book ahead, as our beds fill up quickly! We currently do not have a cancellation fee in place, but do appreciate a call in advance if you no longer need our services.
- If you have concerns that your pet may become anxious or extremely fearful during their stay, we recommend you check the box on the reservation form, allowing us to treat minor issues, should they present themselves during your pet's stay. Examples of this in particular may include excessive panting or barking, persistent scratching at cage door, etc.